The Downtown Phoenix Partnership, a non-profit organization that services the business improvement district in Downtown Phoenix (Jackson North to Fillmore; 3rd Avenue East to 7th Street) seeks to commission a local artist to create the cover artwork for its upcoming Dining Guide.
The annual Dining Guide is distributed across the Downtown area and through other promotional venues. This is the second year of an artist designed cover and the fourth year of the Dining Guide.
The magazine-sized cover should capture the spirit of the Downtown Phoenix dining scene while paying tribute to the urban core landscape.
For more information about the Downtown Phoenix Partnership, visit http://www.downtownphoenix.com/
- Once commissioned, the artist will be required to complete the job to satisfaction by May 1, 2013.
- All two-dimensional media will be considered, however, the final product must be able to be used in a graphic design program (high quality photographs and scanned images are acceptable).
- The cover will be rectangular, 6 x 9 inches and printed on gloss paper.
- Submissions from outside the greater Phoenix area will not be considered.
- One-time payment of $1000.
- The Downtown Phoenix Partnership will retain all usage rights and may re-use the image for other promotional purposes.
- All applicants must be 18 and older.
Requirements for Submission:
- Submit a maximum of 5 different portfolio pieces in .jpg or .pdf format. Maximum dimension of 1000 pixels in either direction.
- An image list with title, year of creation, dimensions and medium in .pdf or word .doc file format.
- Artist resume with relevant experience in either .pdf or word .doc file format. Be sure to list contact information, including a phone number and email address.
- A 350-word proposal detailing your plans for the cover artwork in either .pdf or word .doc format.
Deadline for application: March 29, 2013 by 5 pm local time
How to apply: Submit all required materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: 2013 DINING GUIDE COVER